Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back to the Blog!: Sopwith Camel and IG Vostroyan


Hello everyone!
After over a month I actually have something worthwhile to show you.



So, as my title suggested I have some pics of something that you wouldn't expect to see on this blog, a Sopwith Camel! Here she is, isn't she a beaut?

I put this little fighter together for an upcoming game that Blood Angels Aaron is going to be hosting called Aerodrome. Its a nifty little table top game representing the daring do of the wild blue circa WWI.
Apparently this game is a labor of love and you probably wont find it at a FLGS any time soon as the creator is also the publisher and distributer as well. I have only gotten a chance to play it online over a BBS and it was very entertaining then so I can't wait to see how it fares in real life.

Also, for your viewing pleasure I have a Vostroyan that I painted up on a lark



My lighting washes him out a little but you get the general idea, I'll have better pics up as soon as I get him based and quickshaded. I have to admit, at first I wasn't too keen on the Vostroyan IG sculpt but after actually getting my hands on one I have these delusions of running a full force of these guys foot soldier style with a Malcador Defender as a centerpiece model. That is a very expensive delusion. Well, thats all I have for today. I will be posting some more here soon ( for real this time ) about my love/hate relationship with the Vostroyan fluff and my first ever forays into the realm of Warhammer Fantasy Battles!

Have a good one,
GV

1 comment:

  1. You can't have too many fuzzy hats in your army or Sopwith Camels.

    ReplyDelete