Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Battle Missions: First Impressions

Good evening everyone,

I got my hands on the last copy of battle missions from the FLGS (YAY) and promptly turned it loose on my gaming group...




I wont go into the specifics, you can find those on the official website, but I will tell you what I think about it. Why not? I have the internet and an opinion! Lets begin...

What I like

- Another excuse to get your toy soldiers out and play with your friends
- Some new fluff and artwork to ogle
- Race specific missions and rules

What I don't Like

- This isn't anything we couldn't have come up with on our own
- Random mission generator for a "themed" mission book
- Some of the missions seem a bit unbalanced

The Bottom Line

If you have the discretionary funds to pick up this book then by all means snap it right up. The same GW feel/flavor is still there as is with all of their products and that, for me, is enough to justify the purchase. However, if you are trying to weigh the options of picking this up or grabbing that new chimera model that they have rolling off of the line here soon, go with the model.

Thats all for now, I will try to have a more in depth review here shortly with some more pics of my WarMachine figs. ALMOST DONE!

Have a good one,
GV

No comments:

Post a Comment